Looking for a quick, easy breakfast which ticks several nutritional boxes? Try out this simple version of the much-loved Bircher Muesli.
protein - tick
whole grains - tick
fruit - tick
good fats - tick
fibre - tick
You will need:
- 30g rolled oats
- 120-150g of natural yogurt
- 150g of mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries etc. frozen or fresh)
- Tbsp raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews etc)
- optional tsp of honey
- optional Tbsp of dried fruit
- Mix the oats, yogurt and berries (if you're using frozen) together in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, stir in the other ingredients (including the berries if fresh).
Feel free to play around with the recipe, adding other ideas. For example, some people like a dash of unsweetened almond milk mixed in the night before, or how about drawing inspiration from the traditional Swiss Bircher and adding some chopped apple in the morning.